Make an online enquiry (below) or call us on 1300 314 788 to book this speaker for your event.
Enquire about this Speaker
Dominic Thurbon is Chief Creative Officer and Co-Founder of international behaviour change organisation ChangeLabs. He is a globally consulted thought leader in the fields of generational change, workforce trends, the future of education and organisational collaboration and innovation.
His clients include IBM, Johnson & Johnson Medical, GlaxoSmithKline, the Australian Council of Education Leaders, the Commonwealth Bank and ING.
At ChangeLabs, Dominic has led the design and development of some of the most innovative behaviour change initiatives in the world, including the multi-award winning StartSmart program, the worlds’ largest face-to-face financial literacy program which reaches over 150,000 people every year. He has also designed programs working with teachers around adopting technology in the classroom, and business leaders around leveraging collaborative tools and cultures to drive organisational innovation and productivity.
Dominic graduated from the University of Sydney with a degree in political science, and was head of research on the bestselling book Flip: How counterintuitive thinking is changing everything, published throughout North America, the UK, Europe and Asia. He is also co-author of the White Paper Talent Magnets: Attracting and Retaining Top Young Staff and of the forthcoming White Paper Game On: How Computer Games are Changing the Way we Live, Work
Dominic Thurbon is an inspiring, dynamic speaker with a track record of performance at the highest level. He has spoken across Asia, Europe and the Middle East, and is also a world top-10 debater, having been grand finalist at the 2008 World Debating Championships in Thailand. He has built a reputation for his provocative, entertaining and high energy style that leaves audiences feeling entertained and enlightened in equal measure.
His academic and professional expertise, coupled with his international business experience, makes Dominic an influential thought leader who can help businesses, educators and students shift their mindset out of the world as it used to exist, and into the world as it exists today
Speaker Topics Include:
Unleashing the Collaborative Potential of your Workforce
To get ahead in the knowledge economy, companies must capture the expertise already floating around inside its four walls. By using simple social media tools, we can not only capture and search the expertise we already have, but also direct it towards solving pressing business problems. Unleashing innovation and collaboration in this way is a sure-fire method for driving better results!
In this insightful and empowering presentation Dominic will:
• Show you and your team the model for capturing, sourcing and directing the knowledge inside your organisation
• Identify the connection between information flow and driving innovation, collaboration and productivity
• Save you time, money and energy by helping you capture what you already know
• Prove that if you knew what you knew, you’d be unstoppable!
• Clearly demonstrate how to use everyday enterprise 2.0 solutions to create a more innovative and collaborative
Flip! How Counterintuitive Thinking is Changing Everything
Flip is your future-focused strategy for leading in times of ambiguity through embracing innovation and change. Based on Peter Sheahan’s international business bestseller Flip: How Counterintuitive Thinking is Changing Everything (now published in the US, Europe, Asia and Australia), this powerful and provocative session will challenge you to rethink the status quo, reassess your business strategy and look at the changing business environment in a whole new way.
This interactive and engaging presentation will:
• Frame the four forces of change currently impacting our business environment and offer strategies for adapting to and profiting from these changes
• Pinpoint the causes, nature and results of rising stakeholder expectations across all markets and offer inspirational case-studies of companies that have adapted to meet and exceed these demands
• Highlight the growing importance of stories, “superficial” experiences and non-monetary factors in consumer decisions
• Explore new notions of ownership and control in areas is of brand, products, innovation and marketing & management
Understanding and Engaging Generation Y
• Unpack the seven mindsets of Generation Y, and the environmental factors that have combined to shape and create them
• Examine how these mindsets relate to engaging and retaining the best Gen Y talent
• Identify, analyse and eliminate the biases and blind spots managers have about Generation Y
• Look at the key differences between Gen X, Gen Y and the forthcoming “gen z”, and what this means for management styles
• Dive into how each manager is responsible for crafting and living the ‘employer brand’, and what employer brands attract top Gen Y staff
• Lay out the massive implications of the Generational Change in driving new disruptive technology and how this can be harnessed to build collaboration at work
• Work through practical case studies, real-life situations and best-practice practical advice for managing the Gen Y to get the most out of them
Brainstorm and craft usable strategies for managing Gen Y in a way that is desirable without compromising core business necessities