Make an online enquiry (below) or call us on 1300 314 788 to book this speaker for your event.
Enquire about this Speaker
Do you ever feel like the pace of change is leaving you behind? What if you were becoming obsolete and didn’t know? Michael McQueen understands what it takes to thrive in a rapidly evolving world. Having dedicated the last eight years to tracking the dominant trends shaping society, business and culture, he has helped some of the world’s best-known brands navigate change and stay in front of the curve.
As a leading specialist in demographic shifts, change management and future trends, Michael features regularly as a commentator on numerous TV and radio programs and has written three bestselling books. His first book, The ‘New’ Rules of Engagement focuses on strategies for leading and connecting with Generation Y. His newest release, Winning the Battle for Relevance is a revealing look at why good ideas and great companies become obsolete and how to avoid their fate.
Michael uses a unique combination of humour, interaction and reflection. He provides audiences with an unsettling insight into how your customers and workforce perceive the world – rather than how you wish they would. Michael’s sessions are highly tailored, ensuring that every audience member leaves equipped with a clear action plan for maintaining growth, vitality and momentum within their business or team.
As a familiar face on the international conference circuit, Michael has shared the stage with Bill Gates, Whoopi Goldberg and Larry King. With clients including Pepsi, Vodafone and Tupperware, Michael is ideally placed to guide organizations through disorientating change into new chapters of relevance.
Speaker Topics Include:
Winning the Battle for Relevance
How you ever wondered how it is that iconic brands and great ideas go from prominence to obsolescence while their competitors go from strength to strength? The secret to maintaining growth, vitality and momentum for many years and decades comes down to one thing and one thing only… relevance.
In this unique, fast-paced and compelling presentation, Michael McQueen explores:
• Why most businesses don’t realize they are losing relevance till it’s almost too late
• ‘The Relevance Curve’ and what it means for every business, leader, idea and brand
• The 5 major causes of decline and obsolescence
• How to check your “Silent Pulse” and measure the true health of a business
• Proven strategies for remaining relevant or regaining relevance as times and needs evolve
Audience members will leave this session challenged to reflect on their relevance in the modern marketplace while at the same time equipped with strategies for navigating change through innovation, strategic thinking and re-positioning.
IDEAL FOR: Clients looking for themes of leadership, change management, strategic planning or innovation.
De-Coding Generation WHY
If you have you ever found yourself confused, frustrated or even offended by the attitudes and expectations of today’s younger generation, you are not alone. Employers, leaders and educators the world over describe this group as being technology addicted, impatient, unfocussed and disrespectful.
In this humorous, revealing, and engaging presentation, Michael McQueen highlights:
• The defining attitudes and values of Generation Y - looking beyond stereotypes
• 5 key social trends that are shaping youth culture around the globe
• The reasons Gen Y can appear high maintenance, impatient and lacking in resilience - and how to overcome these as a leader
• The vital role of leaders in building strong mentoring connections with young people and how to do this
Audience members leave this session with a clear idea of what is shaping the next generation, why they are the way they are, and how to connect with them in meaningful ways.
IDEAL FOR: HR, leadership, sales and multi generational industries (finance, pharmaceutical, retail, hospitality, tourism)
The 'New' Rules of Engagement
Smart organizations and leaders are beginning to recognize the significant commercial benefits of engaging younger generations in the workplace. They are discovering that in addition to being ambitious, tech-savvy and adaptable, Gen Y can be a powerful source of creativity and fresh thinking.
The challenge for business owners and managers is to develop organizational cultures and practices that will attract, motivate but most of all retain this young group.
In this practical and information-packed session, Michael McQueen draws on over 8 years of experience helping thousands of business leaders and managers increase their engagement with young team members. He explores:
• Why no organisation can afford to disengage Gen Y - a group who will make up over 40% of the working population by 2020.
• The key phrases and vocabulary that motivate and inspire young employees - plus the words/phrases to avoid
• What drives younger workers' addiction to social networking and how to establish clear boundaries around its use in the workplace
• How to equip emerging leaders with the skills and attitudes they'll need in the future
Audiences leave this session with a clear understanding of what does and does not work in getting the best out of the next generation. More importantly, they leave armed with proven and practical tools for increasing the engagement of their younger team members. This session is a must for organizations and managers who want to prepare for their future workforce and capitalize on the benefits young employees have to offer.
Ideal for: HR, leadership-focussed events, sales teams, small-to-medium sized companies, pharmaceutical, financial services, retail, customer service, public sector, education.
Understanding the Generations @ Work
In a recent global study, business leaders reported that generational differences were the leading cause of workplace conflict today - far outweighing the conflict caused by differences in gender or cultural background.
While the generation gap may be nothing new, we are living and working in an age where its influence is far more pronounced. For the first time in history, 5 different generations may be working alongside each other in a team at any one time.
In this humorous and revealing keynote presentation, Michael McQueen outlines;
• The 5 generations of the 20th century – who we are, how we’re different and what it all means
• The driving influences and trends that shaped each demographic cohort in their formative years
• The core values and attitudes that impact how each generation approaches life and work - and how these can lead to conflict and misunderstandings within a team
Audience members leave this session with powerful insights into how both their older and younger colleagues may view the world very differently. In addition, they leave with insights and strategies for better connecting and communicating across the generation gap.