Since capturing Australia’s attention as one of the most successful football players in AFL history, Wayne Schwass has gone on to make a name for himself in more ways than one. Wayne delivers powerful and honest keynote speeches at countless mental health seminars and workshops, where his message never fails to resonate with audiences.
- AFL and AFLW Speakers
- After Dinner Speakers
- Business Speakers
- CEO's and Business Leaders
- Customer Service Speakers
- Goal Setting Speakers
- Health and Wellbeing Speakers
- Inspirational Speakers
- Leadership Speakers
- Master Of Ceremonies / MC
- Media Personalities
- Mental Health and Overcoming Depression Speakers
- Motivational Speakers
- Overcoming Adversity / Resilience Speakers
- Sales and Marketing Speakers
- Sports Speakers
- Team Building and Teamwork Speakers
Testimonials for Wayne Schwass
I cannot speak highly enough of Wayne and his presentation at our TaylorMade adidas Golf Sales conference earlier this month.
When booking a sports person to speak at our Sales conference, ultimately I was looking for someone who would not only motivate our team but relate the presentation to the sales processes themselves. Wayne did exactly that. Any preconception that a sports person may only speak mainly of his sporting achievements was quickly alleviated. Wayne spoke minimally of his sporting background only to mention that sport gave him the disciplines to put in place to help shape his sales success.
Wayne’s preparation was exemplary. Wayne contacted myself a fortnight before the event and was very thorough in understanding our business, the current challenges we have, the market place and the objections that our sales staff face. Wayne spent an hour on the phone with me developing his understanding of our business and how he could relate his sales knowledge to ours. Wayne followed up again a week later with an email asking further questions and a provided a bio for me to share with the team.
On the day Wayne related and interacted well with our sales staff from start to finish. Wayne had the sales teams buy-in by asking questions providing some real life examples and experiences. His references to planning, goal setting, moving a customer away from a negative to create a positive and the value of relationship building for sales success reinforced our company’s principles. The sales team left our conference with commitment and motivation.
I would like to thank Wayne for all his help and professionalism on the day and I would have no hesitation in having Wayne speak again to our group or recommending him to any business wanting a ‘sales motivational’ guest speaker.
The speakers were outstanding, especially Wayne. He really provided a great insight into depression as a whole and his personal battle, but also a clear outline on how someone could go about obtaining help. This may have had a huge impact personally on men in the audience but additionally a greater reach for men and audience members to talk to friends and family who may be of need of some help.
Overall Wayne pitched his communication perfectly at the audience and was highly motivating.
On behalf of the partners of the Men’s Health Forum and personally could you please pass on our great thanks for a wonderful informed presence on the evening.
We were delighted to have Wayne as our keynote speaker for our Annual Luncheon and Staff Wellbeing event this year in June. Wayne’s 14 year struggle with mental health was brought to light with a positive energy and engaging presentation that was well received by all attendees. Wayne’s vibrant personality and humour made him easy to be around and stress-free to work with.
Fee Range: $5001 to $10000
Wayne Schwass's Biography
Since capturing Australia’s attention as one of the most successful football players in AFL history, Wayne Schwass has gone on to make a name for himself in more ways than one.
Born in New Zealand and raised in Warrnambool, Western Victoria, Wayne Schwass began playing Aussie Rules football at the age of ten. But with is his undeniable talent and passion, it was not long before he was recruited to join the AFL— so in 1986, Wayne began playing for the North Melbourne Football Club.
From here, Wayne went from strength to strength, quickly becoming one of the most highly-rated players in AFL history. Over 14 years Wayne played 282 games at the elite level, both with the North Melbourne Football Club (1988-1997) and the Sydney Swans (1998-2002). During his outstanding career Wayne won 3 Best and Fairest’s at the NMFC, he was a premiership player with NMFC in 1996, All-Australian in 1999 and part of the NMFC Team of the Century and inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Since retiring in 2002, Wayne has established himself as a highly respected AFL broadcaster on TV, radio, print and online. However, in addition to his work within the sporting world, Wayne has also become a passionate and leading advocate for mental health awareness.
In 2017 Wayne founded PukaUp a social enterprise focusing on mental health, emotional wellbeing and, importantly, suicide prevention. According to Wayne, the PukaUp vision is to ‘create the environments for every person to have authentic and genuine conversations about mental health and emotional wellbeing'.
Wayne delivers powerful and honest keynote speeches at countless mental health seminars and workshops, where his message never fails to resonate with audiences.
In 2019 saw Wayne finish up as part of the Triple M AFL commentary Team and as host of ‘Off the Bench TV”. Wayne is focusing up on eliminating the stigma of Men’s Mental Health
Wayne is a versatile and motivating Keynote Speaker and Master of Ceremonies.
Speaking Topics Include
Wayne’s candid, honest and inspiring story about his 14 year struggle with depression and his road to recovery, covers the following
- Depression is an illness that doesn’t discriminate
- How depression invaded every aspect and area of his life and the impact this had on his health, well-being, performance, enjoyment and quality of life
- Watching the colour fade from his life, living in a heavy fog and accepting his disease had taken control of his mind
- How he managed to hide his illness from his family, friends, team mates, football club and the general public for 14 years and the impact this had on his quality of life
- How he managed to play 282 AFL Games, win 3 Best & Fairest Awards, play in a Premiership side, win All Australian Selection, represent his State and be awarded AFL & North Melbourne Football Club Life Membership all while battling clinical depression
- Why he considered an option with irreversible consequences to escape the pain and suffering, why and how he chose to keep fighting
- Why he self-medicated for 14 years
- Why he chose not to seek help and the impact this had on his recovery and relationships
- The importance of your support network and how 2 key people in his life played a critical role in saving his life
- The role of carers and professionals and their importance in your recovery
- Learning new skills
- Why he believes the Stigma associated with mental illness is out-dated, uneducated and totally unacceptable
- Why he believes mental illnesses are a bigger threat to our communities than the road toll
- How he began to reclaim control of his life and the long road back to health and wellbeing
- How he lived in denial until his light bulb moment
- The importance of your own emotional health and wellbeing
- Understanding, education, acceptance and learning to like/ love yourself again
- What we can do individually and as a community to help those people living with mental illnesses
- Why it’s a shared responsibility
- The gap between all general health illnesses and mental illness and why this gap needs to be closed urgently
- Life after depression and how Wayne turned his own experiences into a vehicle which had a profound impact on the lives of others
- His passion for mental health and commitment to continue to bring mental illnesses into main stream Australia
Wayne’s Motivational Sales keynote includes:
- Key to success
- Skill set
- Strategy and why you must have a road map to achieve success
- Goal setting and why this is vital in your pursuit of success
- If you don’t plan for success you’re planning for failure
- Overcoming obstacles and objections
- Overcoming the fear of being rejected
- Coping with pressure
- Mindset and attitude
- Difference between a job and a career
- What elite sport taught me and what skills did I transfer into my post football careers & why
- Owning your career, performance and ultimate success or failure
- Go looking for feedback, positive, negative and constructive and why this is important
- Understanding your selling profile and being able to recognise the buyers profile
- Why products, product knowledge, expertise and experience aren’t the most important assets to selling
- Your ability to develop and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders at different levels is the key to success and why
- Your individual brand and why it’s never been more important in selling
- What’s your value proposition – why should people buy from me
- Identifying, investigating and understanding opportunities before you even meet the customer and pitch
- How to become a trusted advisor
- Team work
- Leveraging the power and reach of social media into your daily activities for achieving success