Alec Bashinsky is a Strategic business thinker / His expertise is built on demonstrable HR & Business Transformation experience and he has strong change management and Leadership execution skills to underpin his successful achievements.
- Business Speakers
- CEO's and Business Leaders
- Customer Service Speakers
- Diversity and Inclusion Speakers
- Goal Setting Speakers
- Health and Wellbeing Speakers
- Human Resources / HR Speakers and Trainers
- Leadership Speakers
- Organisational Change Speakers
- Team Building and Teamwork Speakers
- Thought Leaders
Testimonials for Alec Bashinsky
Fee Range: Up to $5000
Alec Bashinsky's Biography
Alec Bashinsky is a Strategic business thinker / innovator and FOW specialist who disrupts traditional Talent/ HR models and aligns people focus to deliver business outcomes.
His expertise is built on demonstrable HR & Business Transformation experience and he has strong change management and Leadership execution skills to underpin his successful achievements.
Alec is currently the APAC Partner for the Josh Bersin Company which provides HR strategic advice focusing HR/Culture Transformation, Future of Work, the Employee Experience. Learning and Wellbeing. The Josh Bersin Academy is an integral part of JBC and is the first global Professional Development Academy for HR.
Alec was also the Managing Partner of Blackhall & Pearl Talent Advisory which focused on HR/Culture Transformation, Future of Work, the Talent Experience and Diversity & Inclusion through the facilitation of advanced AI tools and insights.
Prior to this Alec was the Asia Pacific CHRO for Deloitte where he lead a team of Talent professionals responsible for 55,000 people in the AP Region, with offices in more than 120 cities in over 20 countries. Alec was also with Deloitte Australia for 12 years as CHRO – National Partner, People & Performance reporting directly to the CEO. He has also been a member of the Deloitte Global Talent Executive for 8yrs.
In his Australian role Alec was responsible for over 6500 employees and a team of over 90 people. His mandate is to drive a Performance Culture and build Leadership capability through establishing Leadership development, Talent Identification, Performance Culture, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Engagement and Shaping the Workforce of the Future as part of innovating the People strategy for Deloitte.
He has significantly realigned the Deloitte HR offering including differentiated and segment Talent, globally optimize Talent practices and Predictive and Analytical Data Integration with the Business functions.
Alec’s previous roles were as CHRO with Deloitte as well as Senior Director Human Resources - Japan & Asia Pacific for Peoplesoft inc. Prior to this, Alec was the Group Manager - Human Resources for Cisco Systems for Australia /New Zealand for 3.5yrs, Asia Pacific HR Manager for 3Com and amongst his other achievements saw him tackle unique challenge of being the HR Director for the market entry of Toys R Us into Australia.
Speaking Topics Include
The Four Pillars
An organisation’s people work under conditions of increasing complexity, ambiguity and pressure on their time and resources. This can reduce people’s capacity to sustain their best work and innovation. In order to maintain a successful business and stay true to our purpose we must create the conditions where people continue to respond positively to pressure, be successful at work, at home and in their communities
The purpose of a Wellness Strategy
- The purpose of a Wellness Strategy is to promote and support a holistic approach which allows our people to realise their potential both personally and professionally.
The Definition of Wellness (Loehr & Schwartz - The Making of a Corporate Athlete)
Wellness is defined across four dimensions:
Alec will talk to the definitions of each element and how they will link to impact an Organisation’s strategy and outcomes
• The proposed strategy is founded on the high-performance pyramid below, which suggests that to achieve peak performance under pressure, physical wellbeing, emotional health, mental and spiritual capacity must be working together
• Alec demonstrates how Wellness has now become a far more critical strategy for companies in 21st Century as Millennials now view this as a key component to why they would join an Organisation, it’s also directly impacts Talent Attraction and employee engagement and ultimately productivity
• Finally and most importantly Alec will talk about how you can set up a Workagility framework ( rather than Flexibility) which will enable both employees to work in a more agile way yet still deliver effective solutions for your clients
RE-INVENTING PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Alec will talk to Redesigning Performance Management for better outcomes including:
• Re-inventing Performance Management - The case for Change
• Understanding the ‘new’ framework ( not system) - Fuel, Understand, Recognise
• How do we still manage poor performance?
• How does the new PM framework change the way we coach people?
• What are Check-Ins, Pulse Surveys, Performance Snapshots and Talent Reviews?
• How does technology drive this new approach?
• How do we assess the linkage with Compensation?
• What do you need to do to change your current methods?
Alec has piloted this new approach across Deloitte including 7 Countries and some 40,000 employees. He has adopted the new Marcus Buckingham technology to help drive this and eliminated ratings which is driving a new manager / employee relationship and providing strong data to make more effective leadership decisions on promotions & remuneration
WORKFORCE OF THE FUTURE
Independent workers, looking for flexible work arrangements, are here to stay
• 70 million professionals (more than 50% of the private workforce) will be independent by 2020 (
• 50% of knowledge work will be performed online by 2020
• 26% projected growth in the number of independent workers (2012-17)
Companies are looking for independent workers at an increasing pace
• 26% increase in the number of independent knowledge workers that companies are planning to engage over the next two years (2011 survey)
• Cloud computing, social media, mobility and other recent technology developments are enabling the emergence of a new type of flexible workforce
Alec talks about the changing face of talent and how the Talent ecosystem is moving to a blend of on and off balance sheet Talent . Why do organisations continue to look to replace FTE’s without looking at alternatives such as OTNs??
The concept is simple:
- The Open Talent concept allows an Organisation to access non-traditional forms of talent in an agile way leading to increased flexibility in workforce composition.
- It is a practical concept that will change the shape of our workforce as we know it to ready an Organisation for future market conditions.
- To do this an Organisation need to design, create and implement infrastructure that will allow them to fully leverage Open Talent.
- This will increase their access to top talent and enhance their operational agility as they move to become an irresistible organisation in the eyes of a rapidly changing, mobile and diverse workforce who seeks customised career growth and flexibility.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
In today’s world, Organisations need to harness an inclusive culture to drive thought leadership, sophisticated & value add client solutions, a work environment which values people for their creative knowledge and ideas and professional services
The Diversity agenda has now be a key component for many Boards and Executive Leaders however many cannot step beyond the ‘cosmetic’ strategies that don’t impact systematic Culture change. Alec will talk about how to successfully build a Diversity & Inclusion strategy including:
• Gender - how to attract, retain and advance talented women through a combination of targets, development and leadership change
• LGBTI - how to increase awareness and remove bias in the workplace to attract and retain talent.
Inclusive culture - create an respectful and engaging workplace where all people feel their contribution is valued
• Inclusive leadership - drive and shape the inclusive workplace through leadership behaviours
Alec will take you through how you can set up an effective Diversity Strategy by:
• Create a diverse TALENT PIPELINE…to build a diverse cohort of future leaders that enables Organisations to capitalise on their diverse business context
• Unlock potential through inclusion…by leveraging diversity of thought to deliver exceptional organisational performance and meet growth and innovation targets
• How to become the first choice destination for talent