Andy Friend, the National Men’s Sevens Rugby Union Coach, has lived and worked in and around professional Sports people and High Achievers for the majority of his life. Andy has coached at the highest levels around the world recording excellent results along the way.
- After Dinner Speakers
- Goal Setting Speakers
- Inspirational Speakers
- Leadership Speakers
- Motivational Speakers
- Overcoming Adversity / Resilience Speakers
- Rugby League and Rugby Union Speakers
- Sports Speakers
- Team Building and Teamwork Speakers
Testimonials for Andy Friend
Fee Range: Up to $5000
Andy Friend's Biography
Andy Friend, the National Men’s Sevens Rugby Union Coach, has lived and worked in and around professional Sports people and High Achievers for the majority of his life.
Andy has coached at the highest levels around the world recording excellent results along the way.
Some of Andy’s greatest professional achievements include:
- Coached Australia to World Series success in Sydney 2018, the first tournament victory for Australia in 6 years
- Completed 5,000kms off road bike ride down East Coast of Australia raising funds and awareness for people with Acquired Brain Injury
- Head Coach of Brumbies Rugby with a 62% win ratio
- Coached Harlequins to European Cup Qualification in first and second year back in the Premiership
- Coached Harlequins to Powergen Cup success as well as ensuring their re-instatement back into Premiership Competition having suffered relegation the year prior to my arrival
- Coached Australian U21 Team to finals of IRB U21 World Cup 2005
- Wallaby Coaching Staff – 2003 Rugby World Cup Finalist
- Coached Suntory to an undefeated National Championship
- Coached the first team in Japanese Rugby history to defeat the Welsh National Team
Andy is an accomplished speaker and, with coaching roles for the Brumbies, the Sevens, the Waratahs, Suntory and Harlequinns (among others), he is a passionate leader and motivational speaker. He is available to speak at your next event to the following topics:
Speaking Topics Include
Having spent over 13 years as a Head Coach in professional Rugby around the world, Andy Friend has learned through experience the difference between effective and ineffective leadership. He has experienced the difference between a positive and vibrant culture, and one that is false and full of words without actions. Andy is available to share his experiences at your next ‘leadership’ conference or staff engagement session.
DEALING WITH ADVERSITY
We cannot always control what happens to us in life, but we can control how we react and respond. Having been a professional rugby coach for over 23 years, Andy has experienced his fair share of highs and lows that come with the pressure of the industry. Andy’s topic, ‘Dealing with adversity’ is all about how to stay positive and focused during difficult times. He shares his valuable lessons learnt including how to stay focused on controlling the things you are able to control.