Dominic is an inspiring, dynamic speaker with a track record of performance at the highest level. He has spoken across Asia, Europe and the Middle East, and is also a world top-10 debater. He has built a reputation for his provocative, entertaining and high energy style that leaves audiences feeling entertained and enlightened in equal measure.
- Business Speakers
- Communication Skills Coaching
- Community / Social Conscience Speakers
- Creativity and Innovation Speakers
- Human Resources / HR Speakers and Trainers
- Sales and Marketing Speakers
Testimonials for Dominic Thurbon
Dominic is a fantastic, dynamic presenter who really demystified the whole ‘technology’ thing for us. His presentation was engaging, entertaining and – best of all – really valuable to us in the way we work
Dominic presentations for our senior client audience. They were right on brief and really inspired people about the potential to unleash collaboration and innovation. He speaks the language of business, understands business models and tailors his message to suit the audience. His dynamic and engaging style affects real behavioural and attitudinal change and made him a l hit with the audience.
Dom Thurbon made us think very differently and we were all buzzing with new ideas at the end of the session. I would highly recommend Dom to work with your team – you will certainly be engaged, challenged and very creative with your approach.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Fee Range: $5001 to $10000
Dominic Thurbon's Biography
Dominic is co-founder and Chief Creative Officer at Karrikins Group, a growth-focused consulting firm with over 120 staff delivering projects across 13 countries reaching almost one million people a year. As founder of a fast-growth multinational business, Dom lives first-hand the challenges of running a complex business in a changing market, working closely with signature global clients such as Apple, Commonwealth Bank, Lexus, Microsoft and IBM.
Dom has led research on bestsellers published in over 15 countries, and white papers on subjects as diverse as talent management and how video games are changing work. He is co-author of the forthcoming book Matter: How to Become the Obvious Choice, released through Random House in March 2015. Dom is also a world top-10 debater, and internationally engaged keynote speaker in the fields of transformation, technology, collaboration and innovation.
Speaking Topics Include
Changenomics – Insights into the secret science of behaviour changeHave you ever needed to change the way staff, leaders or even customers think, act and buy? Have you ever wished there were a formula that worked every time? We need to stop 'managing' change ¬ and start driving it. Changenomics is the ultimate equation for driving change in your organisation and really making it stick! Dominic Thurbon developed Changenomics through years of research and first-hand experience in deploying award-winning change programs to over 300,000 people a year. In this eye-opening and dynamic presentation, Dominic will leave your audience the tools to:
- Make change happen in their teams (and for themselves!)
- Drive more innovation and collaboration in your team or business
- Attract, engage and retain the next generation of workers
- Thrive in the workplace of the future
Unleashing the Power of Collaboration – If only we all knew what we all knew:To get ahead in the knowledge economy, companies must capture the expertise already floating around inside their four walls. Using everything from better technology to better meeting discipline, unleashing collaboration is a sure-fire way to drive innovation, productivity and engagement. In a competitive market, we cannot afford to let collaboration be a buzzword – we need to implement real strategies for making it happen.
In this insightful and empowering presentation, Dominic will:
- Give you the 5 behaviours to unleash collaboration, both personally and organizationally
- Identify the common barriers to making it happen and show how they can overcome
- Demonstrate the link between collaboration and innovation, productivity and engagement
Matter – How to become the obvious choiceIt has never been harder to stand out. In B2B, B2C, even in job markets, it's getting harder and harder to differentiate, compete and win. There are many reasons for this: digitisation has flooded the market with content and competition; commoditisation is driving prices and margins down, and making it harder to sustainably compete; rising complexity is making it harder for companies to articulate clear, relevant value propositions; and customer loyalty is 'so 20th century'.
In this changing world, we can't compete on features, service or price... we have to matter.
In this provocative and dynamic presentation, Karrikins Group co-founder and Chief Creative Officer Dom Thurbon will:
- Unpack the major disruptive forces that are redefining the way business is being done, and value is being created
- Use inspiring, real-word case studies to show how a diverse array of companies are responding effectively
- Show how we can make our products, our services and our brands matter to our customers and staff
- Give you the formula for effectively dealing with and thriving in times of disruption and change
Fl!p – Making innovation happen:There has never been a more important time to drive innovation in our businesses. As markets tighten and get more competitive, we are all under pressure to do more, with less, faster. But for too many companies, innovation is just a ‘value’ or a ‘buzzword’, not a practice that we all engage in every day. We can change that!
Based on first-hand experience around the world and deep global research, in this dynamic and empowering session Dominic will:
- Identify the five drivers of innovation in your business and how to leverage them
- Unpack compelling strategies to get every individual in your team to approach work with an innovation-mindset
- Outline practical, real strategies for creating an environment that drives innovation
Winning the War for Talent – Understanding and engaging Generation Y:In the current economy, it has never been more important to win the war for talent. To do that, we have to find ways to attract, engage and retain the next generation of workers. The 4.5 million Aussies that make up Gen Y have different approaches to work, life, learning and careers – and we need to equip ourselves with the tools to inspire them as leaders.
Based on his companies face-to-face, first hand word with over 250,000 members of Gen Y every year, in this dynamic and provocative session Dominic will:
- Unpack the mindsets of Gen Y, and factors that have combined to create them
- Look at clear and practical strategies for successful intergenerational management
- Help you drive change in the way managers work with and engage their team
- Show how creating a Gen-Y friendly team actually creates a talent friendly team