- Business Speakers
- Creativity and Innovation Speakers
- Leadership Speakers
- Organisational Change Speakers
- Sales and Marketing Speakers
- Thought Leaders
Testimonials for John Sweeney
John Sweeney is incredible! His interactive session with our top leaders was the fuel we needed for positive change. I would hire him again in a second.
Dir. of Leadership Development, Ingersoll Rand
You were the best...nailed it. Perfection. Thank YOU!!!
Director of Training and Development, Facebook
INCREDIBLE!! I heard from a number of attendees that he was the best presenter they have ever witnessed. He’s incredibly engaging and was perfect for an audience of sales reps.
Sales Training and Operational Effectiveness, ING
Fee Range: $15001 to $20000
John Sweeney's Biography
Theatre owner, keynote speaker, improviser, corporate trainer, and author John Sweeney works with businesses globally to overcome challenges in business. Using his improvisational speaking and training programs, John has created forward thinking leaders.
John Sweeney doesn’t just understand human behavior; he has been changing human behavior within the biggest businesses in the world for 15 years. Having been trusted by the likes of Microsoft and Target not only can he guarantee tangible shifts in the culture of your teams and performance of your leaders, but his patented methods are backed by years of scientific research.
Owner of America’s oldest comedy theatre, John has been featured across countless media platforms including Inc and Forbes. He also runs the globally respected training and workshop company ‘Brave New Workshops’ where his team of performers instill the agility and resilience of live ‘improv’ into corporate team across the country.
John’s high octane presentations are consistently rated 10/10 at every conference he speaks at and his humor mixed with clear, actionable tools continues to create waves of change across organizations for years to come.
Speaking Topics Include
Open to Discovery – Building Innovators
"Ideate! Think bigger! Act like an entrepreneur!" Everyone agrees that innovation is crucial for business survival, but the focus is often on systems and processes.
John Sweeney will show you how to grow a culture of innovation by discovering the innovative behaviours needed. With an unparalleled understanding of why we do what we do, John harnesses his 15 years of working with the world’s top corporations to give you tangible tools to tackle the biggest enemy of innovation…FEAR!! Fear of failure is stifling the creative genius locked inside your teams.
With his signature humour and energy John will:
- Show how neuroplasticity is a co-operative component in strengthening creative muscle.
- Demonstrate how to avoid analysis paralysis.
- Share how teams can create a safe open space, where innovation happens.
- Give each attendee 5 behaviours to become world-class innovators.
Story Selling – Getting The Yes… And
Whether you are selling cars, homes or medical equipment there is one thing that will make or break the sale – whether the customer feels involved in the story. More than price and features, emotions and perceived value will determine the decision.
An authority on human behavior, John Sweeney shows how to connect with customers by educating sales teams on how to draw buyers into the story with unrivalled success.
Through well-tested tools such as “The Big 5,” ‘Yes, And,’ and ‘An Attitude of Service’ John will:
- Equip your sales team with the tools to close the sale and upsell based on what the customer really needs.
- Train how to adopt an agile mindset that continues the sales conversation in any situation or objection.
- Give tools to build confidence to use consultative selling skills.
- Provide teams with the ability to elevate their value proposition.
- Demonstrate ways to develop human connections to build deeper sales relationships.
Modelling Behaviours that Matter
Fear is the biggest inhibitor of effective leadership. The more our brain is preoccupied the harder it is to strategize and problem solve and inefficiency and ineffectiveness follows throughout the organization.
With over 15 years experience working with corporate leaders to tackle this problem John Sweeney has developed simple yet efficient tools to improve each leader’s mindset, whilst also influencing the behaviour and performance of their teams.
This transformative session will help leaders re-frame how they tackle every day problems and truly transform their corporate culture.
Key takeaway tools for audience members include:
- Best practices for inspiring high achievement in teams and in individuals
- Simple ways to draw out hidden talent from team members
- The key steps towards driving a culture of self-mastery
- How to master being ‘calm and collected’ when faced with chaos
Building an architecture for change
Change has become a constant in today’s business world, so why are employees and leaders still struggling to embrace it? Because change is uncomfortable, it inspires fear and negativity – the key, to not just surviving but thriving, is to adapt a mindset of discovery. In this dynamic presentation. John applies his in-depth understanding of human behavior to create a culture of Agility in the face of Uncertainty, meaning delegates will walk away seeing change as vital fuel instead of an insurmountable obstacle.
His effective change management tools will:
- Empower managers to create an architecture of change that enables high performers to shine
- Drive a desire within delegates to reach their potential through self- mastery
- Drive clear and thoughtful communication that counteracts uncertainty.
- Expand participants’ mindsets to include the infinite and currently unknown opportunities that change can bring.