Entrepreneur and businesswoman, Katherine Sampson is founder of sandwich bar ‘Healthy Habits’. Katherine speaks about her journey, determination and commitment in turning one store into 40.
- Branding and Advertising Speakers
- Business Speakers
- Communication Skills Coaching
- Creativity and Innovation Speakers
- Entrepreneurial Speakers
- Female Motivational Speakers
- Goal Setting Speakers
- Inspirational Speakers
- Leadership Speakers
- Motivational Speakers
- Retail and Franchise Speakers
- Sales and Marketing Speakers
Testimonials for Katherine Sampson
Fee Range: Up to $5000
Katherine Sampson's Biography
Katherine Sampson started life in a Big Fat Greek Family. Leaving school at 16, marrying at 18 and having her first child at 25, she had no aspirations for a career outside of the home.
Life took a turn, when facing life as a single mother with 2 children, she decided to create a future for her family and in 1992 bought a run down sandwich bar in Knox City Shopping Centre for $300k. She worked hard, upgraded the store and renamed it Healthy Habits.
Healthy Habits was soon after awarded Food Retailer of the Year three years in a row, and the following year, she was named Best Retailer at Knox City Shopping Centre.
Katherine decided to open additional Healthy Habits stores at Southgate and Glen Waverley and shortly thereafter, a Café concept called Infusion was launched. The businesses were growing and life was comfortable for Katherine and her children, but her dream and vision for a franchise were never far from her thoughts.
In 2004 Katherine took the next step and started the Healthy Habits franchise. 41 stores were opened in Victoria, Canberra, New South Wales, Queensland and Christchurch New Zealand.
In 2009, Katherine decided it was time to bring on additional expertise and funding and sold 80% of her business to the Dymocks Group of Companies. In 2012, the remaining 20% was also sold to them.
After taking a well-deserved break and rebalancing her life, Katherine recently launched a new Burger concept called HELLO SAM. She is working on the model and intends to expand it in the near future.
Let Katherine take you through her journey. She has had many highs and some lows, which she will share with you.
· How did she have the courage to take such a big step?
· How did she manage life as a single mother and businesswoman?
· How did she fund her business venture?
· How did she cope with the pressures placed upon her?
· Why did she sell?
· Were there times that she regretted her decision?
· The next step
Katherine’s honest and raw presentation is unique and absolutely perfect for people wanting to take a step into the unknown, or for others heading along a similar business journey.
Key points about Katherine:
Katherine founded Australia's first national sandwich bar brand, Healthy Habits, which was one of the fastest growing franchise operations in the country. In January 2008, BRW recognised Healthy Habits as the 4th fastest growing franchise group in Australia. In April 2008, it was again recognised by BRW as the 5th fast starter company in Australia.
In 2007, Katherine won the My Business Magazine overall Excellence Award and was a finalist in the Veuve Clicquot International Women's Awards. She has also been a finalist for the Telstra Business Women's Awards 3 times and was also a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2008.
Noteworthy Health Habit Business Awards:
8th – BRW Magazines Fast Franchises 2009
4th – BRW Magazines Fastest Growing Start-Up Companies 2008
Winner – My Business National Awards Best Young Business 2008
Winner – Small Business Champion Awards Best Young Business 2007
Finalist – Amex National Retailer Award Best Franchisor 2007
7th – Smart Company Awards Top 50 Companies 2007
Personal Awards & Achievements:
Finalist – Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2008
Finalist – Veuve Clicquot Award Australia 2008
Finalist – Amex National Retailer Association Award 2008
Winner – Knox City Council Local Hero Award 2007
Finalist – Amex National Retailer Association Award 2007
Winner – My Business Awards Overall Excellence Award 2007
Finalist – Victorian Small Business Champion Awards 2007
Finalist – Telstra Business Women’s Awards 2006
Finalist – PWC Excellence in Franchising Awards 2006
Finalist – Telstra Business Women’s Awards 2005
Winner – Hellenic Chamber Greek Business Person of the Year 2003
Winner – Knox Council Awards Corporate Citizen of the Year 2003
Finalist – Telstra Business Women’s Awards 2002
Speaking Topics Include
· Women in Business
· Starting a Franchise
· Small Business owners
· Building a brand
· Taking a chance in business
· Business owners
· Husband and Wife teams in business
· Taking on investment partners
· Food Businesses