- After Dinner Speakers
- Communication Skills Coaching
- Conference Facilitators and Moderators
- Corporate Master of Ceremonies
- Female Motivational Speakers
- Journalists and Current Affairs Speakers
- Master Of Ceremonies / MC
- Media Skills Training
Testimonials for Kelly Nestor
Kelly's presentation skills, her poise and confidence, her charm and smile make her a natural in this business. Getting the message across is her stock in trade and few do it better! Kelly knows preparation and presentation are everything. I cannot recommend Kelly highly enough.
Thank you for the wonderful way you MC'd the ACORN conference in Adelaide. I also really appreciated the jovial way you presented the dreary housekeeping issues! Loved it. I was awarded the ACORN Research grant at the conference and you recommended I email you so you could forward onto me your experience of your Caesarean section. I would love to read a patient's view point and I do look forward to reading it. Again thankyou for your lovely input into our conference and I hope to continue to come across you as our life journeys continue.
PhD Candidate, Department of Nursing - The University of Melbourne
Fee Range: Up to $5000
Kelly Nestor's Biography
Growing up in the Outback town of Broken Hill, Kelly was taught to play straight, be brave and keep smiling – all qualities which have earned her the trust of millions of Australians to deliver their news, host their events and help get to the heart of their issues.
As an MC Kelly’s a passionate researcher who goes the extra mile to understand the organisation and its expectations. "As a compere, it's my role to bring an audience along with me while achieving the outcomes set by event organisers. I am flexible, focussed and fun!”
As a freelance journalist Kelly can be behind the mic in all sorts of environments, from simple 'pick up' interviews for inclusion into broader stories to in-depth stand-alone interviews done in a one-on-one style which on their own can live as stories on the web, and on bigger screens.
As a producer of visual content, Kelly knows how to create content which pops, and makes you look and sound great.
Add a point of difference with Kelly on your next TV, Radio or Online program or interview. Kelly's broadcast presenting and producing experience, along with her life experiences, brings passion and insight, which is unforgettable.
As a Presentation Skills Trainer Kelly’s thoughtful and considered approach can help guide you through the psychology and practicalities of presenting to an audience – whether you are required to present a conference paper, make a sales pitch, speak as part of a panel, address a board, motivate staff or present to camera.
You can be coached by Kelly one-on-one in presentation skills or become immersed in one of her small workshops to communicate better, which dives into group dynamics to engender a wider experience, in a safe environment.
Over 20 years, Kelly has:
- Presented the inauguration of President Barack Obama from Washington DC for Channel 9's South Australian audience
- Anchored during the Asian tsunami disaster, the 9/11 attacks and the 2004 Athens Olympics for The Ten Network’s Adelaide news hour
- Anchored six-hourly shifts on Sky News Australia
- Covered the death of Princess Diana while working in London for Associated Press TV
- Presented television and radio news for the national broadcaster, ABC TV, and reported for the country's premier analysis program, "The 7.30 Report".
- Consulted for ABC TV during the broadcaster's move into studio automation in 2006
- Co-hosted the TV weeknight news for Channel 9 Adelaide, chosen to fill the post left by esteemed veteran broadcaster, Kevin Crease
- Produced television pilots from concept creation to reality and pitched them internationally.
- Pioneered News Limited's transition into live news webcasting, by presenting and producing programs
Kelly has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Journalism Studies from the University of South Australia and is a Golden Key International Honour Society member. In 2003 she co-wrote a training programme to deliver presentation skills and has been evolving its delivery through Kelly Nestor Pty Ltd. In 2009 Kelly was entered into the Who’s Who of Australian Women and awarded Better Hearing Australia's Best Television Newsreader in the same year. As a proud born and bred Broken Hill girl she is an evergreen ambassador for the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia.
She is highly regarded for her intelligence, warm personality and clear communication and has received numerous awards for excellence.