- After Dinner Speakers
- Community / Social Conscience Speakers
- Goal Setting Speakers
- Health and Wellbeing Speakers
- Inspirational Speakers
- Leadership Speakers
- Mental Health and Overcoming Depression Speakers
- Motivational Speakers
- Overcoming Adversity / Resilience Speakers
- Team Building and Teamwork Speakers
- Workplace Safety/ OH&S Speakers
Testimonials for Kevin Humphreys
“Kevin is an incredibly engaging speaker with a remarkable story to tell. Kevin’s telling of how he reached the top of his game in the military and then experiencing the depths of PTSD and depression, followed by working his way out from those dark days is motivating and inspirational. Kevin’s messages are powerful and important; his story is one you need to hear.”
Corporate Affairs Manager, Member and Employer Services, Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation
“Kevin, thank you. You smashed the stereotype of an individual with a mental illness. Having the courage to speak so openly as our keynote speaker and sharing your first-hand experience was compelling, candid and provocative. Everyone left not just informed, but transformed. You helped us understand that we need to be “doing it better” and that there is hope for recovery, and the small things that we do on a daily basis can make a difference.”
Safety Manager, Airbus Australia Pacific
“I’ve never seen a room of 160+ construction workers so silent – you could’ve heard a pin drop.”
Site Supervisor - Hutchinson Builders
Kevin has a gift for sharing insights and spreading empathy and compassion. He is an excellent presenter. I enjoyed the presenter and how he engaged the audience … great session.
I intend to be more open minded and empathetic about mental illness. Listen more to my feelings try to be aware of mental health issues. (Audience Members)
Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
Kevin gave a heartfelt and illuminating presentation at our conference. Thank you for putting us in touch with Kevin – it was the best thing we did.
Aged care conference organiser
Fee Range: Up to $5000
Kevin Humphreys's Biography
Three decades serving country and community as a helicopter pilot, both with the Army in combat and civilian search and rescue, Kevin Humphreys knows tragedy and triumph. Leading large teams in diverse and complex environments both at home and abroad, he knows what it’s like to lead in difficult circumstances, confront risk and succeed, to hit rock bottom and excel. Kevin’s moving story enables him to share powerful messages about leadership and mental illness leaving the audience empowered to move forward.
Flying Blackhawk helicopters by age 21, he would go on to complete several deployments in East Timor, Iraq and Afghanistan plus humanitarian operations in Papua New Guinea.
Following his Army service, Kevin moved into civilian emergency medical services and search and rescue flying where he held numerous positions including Flight Instructor, Flight Examiner, Chief Pilot and Director of Operations.
He shows that there is life after diagnosis and in fact, mental illness can be the catalyst for growth.
Key Points for Kevin Humphreys
• Kevin’s mission is to lift humanity by inspiring others to have courageous and compassionate conversations.
• A depth of experience leading large teams in difficult, dangerous and complex situations.
• A former combat helicopter pilot who found himself contemplating suicide due to mental illness and a toxic workplace, Kevin returned to flying and went on to be a successful search and rescue pilot.
• He is the founder of Cor Infinitus, giving dignity and respect to the families of those who have served our nation and taken their own lives.
• He is also the Mental Health Ambassador for AIRBUS Australia Pacific and Community Ambassador for Mates4Mates.
• He’s been featured in videos in the Australian War Memorial, books detailing special operations in Afghanistan and aviation podcasts talking about his operations and mental health.
• Kevin’s passionate belief is that mental illness is normal, manageable and recoverable for most people.
• He is recognised as the role model for the most recent Military Order of William (equivalent to the Victoria Cross) recipient in the Netherlands.
• He has a track record of achieving 25,000+ and 68,000+ views of social media posts on mental health and breaking down stigma.
• This is not a bunch of war-stories. Kevin’s presentations will leave your team motivated to act courageously and compassionately, both individually and collectively.
Speaking Topics Include
Mental Health Leadership - Leading yourself and then others
Recent national research shows how a toxic workplace is just as debilitating as exposure to trauma, whilst being in a positive workplace is like receiving a mental health inoculation. Which will you contribute to and how will you know?
Discipline - it's P.U.R.E. Desire
Drawing upon his own professional and personal hard fought experiences, Kevin explores the topic of discipline in plain language. He not only motivates listeners for action, he also provides a practical framework to apply immediately.
Perception, Permission and Purpose
Experience the highs and lows of Kevin’s life as though you were there with him, then share the lessons of his journey. Walk away transformed and ready to take action in your own life and to inspire the lives of others.