- Business Speakers
- Creativity and Innovation Speakers
- Economy and Finance Speakers
- Entrepreneurial Speakers
- Information Technology Speakers
- Online Marketing and E business Speakers
- Organisational Change Speakers
- Retail and Franchise Speakers
- Science and Technology Speakers
- Thought Leaders
Testimonials for Scott Bales
It's tough to make talks in the Financial space exciting, and Scott delivered. I would highly recommend him for speaking engagements in the Finance/Banking industry.
Scott gives the audience what they want - deep context, clever insights and just enough relevance to get you to move your thinking.
VP Technology Strategy & Innovation, Visa Inc
Scott is an innovative thinker who challenges conventional norms. His understanding of the present and future technology and how we should adapt is profound and insightful.
Standard Chartered Bank
Scott is obviously passionate about mobile commerce. His content is industry-forward and delivery, energetic and engaging. He is not afraid to take side, express and defend an opinion.
Mobile Commerce Summit Singapore 2012
Scott is the both leading the industry and across every current important movement in mobile banking. His presentations and knowledge make him someone to listen to.
Scott is himself on the stage, as a passionate individual and a rare industry leader in the intersection of banking, technology and trend. His talk conveys so much of his passion, energy and insight. Simply contagious!
Next Bank Asia Singapore 2012
Scott is dynamic and vibrant. He is able to engage the audience with his interesting analogies and concepts in the tech-world through: "Are you ready for Isaac". In which he delivered a huge amount of insights within a short time.
Manager, Centre For Marketing Excellence at Singapore Management University
Fee Range: $15001 to $20000
Scott Bales's Biography
A technology guru, Scott Bales is a global leader in the cutting edge arena known as “The Digital Shift”, encompassing innovation, culture, design, technology and mobility in a world gone digital.
A thought leader through and through, Scott thrives on the intersection between cultural and behavioural changes in the face of technology innovations.
The MD of Innovation Labs Asia, Scott worked previously as Chief Mobile Officer for Moven, the world’s first-ever digital everyday bank. Described as a 'Digital Warrior', Scott has found a way to successfully mesh his fascination with people and what motivates them together with a raw enthusiasm for technology.
In a world where technology reigns, you must practice what you preach, and Scott does exactly that. He’s a founding member of Next Bank, mentor to Entrepreneurs across the world on Lean Startup, sits on the Board of Care Pakistan and holds advisory positions at Publishizer, FastaCash, Our Better World, The HUB Singapore and Apps 4 Good. He’s a man on a mobile technology mission to transform mainstream thought processing around conventional business practices.
Scott is one of the up and coming leaders in mobile financial services. He's got an abundance of broad experience in the hottest mobile markets on the planet, and gets the interaction imperative in the payments, banking and handset ecosystem.
Outside of the corporate sphere, Scott has worked with various governments across the globe, taking on key advisory roles in countrywide infrastructure. As a multifaceted techie, he was instrumental in developing the mobile centric industries for markets across Asia-Pacific.
He’s a man on a mission to transform mainstream thinking around conventional business practices, and unlock the potential of innovation. In a world where technology reigns, you must practice what you preach, and Scott does exactly that. He’s a founding member of Next Bank, Mentor to Entrepreneurs across the world on Lean Startup, sits on the Board of Care Pakistan and holds advisory positions at Fastacash, Our Better World, The HUB Singapore and Apps 4 Good.
Speaking Topics Include
Uncover The Competitive Innovation Edge
Innovation Wars dives into the competitive nature of innovation in the modern organisation, to uncover the secrets to driving innovation success.
A decade of technology driven progress has triggered a global shift in leadership practice, driving new demands on organizational capability, culture and design. Leading organizations around the world leverage the power of Customer Centric Design and Lean Startup methods, out pacing their corporate peers in the battle for future markets. Innovation Wars is your guide to market success in the battlefield that is corporate innovation.
Greater than 65% of corporate executives see innovation as the key to unlocking new value, new markets and harnessing the power of new technologies. But not everyone succeeds.
Key Takeaways include:
- Investigation in the competitive battlefield that is innovation. Who talks the talk? and who walks the walk?
- What are the strategic lessons from those that drive success?
- What are the frameworks, tools and key infantry that you will need to drive innovation in your organization?
- Simple practical tools for you to implement immediately
Recode Your Leadership
Are you ready for the digital future?
As organisations worldwide embark on bold transformations they continually struggle through challenges related to mindset, culture and leadership. The very people who have built these great businesses are feeling less and less significant in the ever changing digital world.
This keynote will ignite your drive to reconsider your purpose. You will learn how important it is to leverage your experience while embarking on a practical learning journey to: Reskill, Retool, Reinvent & Recode your Leadership.
What will I takeaway from this keynote?
- Scott presents four simple steps that serve as lights on a path for the next generations of executives young and old. You can use these steps to analyze and transform your organisation.
- Deep case studies and insights will help you to develop self awareness and strategies to reinvent your value and purpose in a world saturated with technology - to not only survive but also thrive.
- Prospective leaders will learn how the modern reality is now different from what they were taught at business school and will get their leadership career off to the best start.
Smart Cities & Citizens
The world around us is changing every single week as new apps and technologies reshape the landscape in which we live, move, eat, socialize, educate and create communities. Our challenge is to figure out how this will evolve as IoT, artificial intelligence and autonomous vehicles become a part of everyday life.
Countries like Singapore, Hong Kong & Dubai have heavily invested in Smart City technology but what does it actually mean? Where do we look for the technologies that are going to reshape society, reshape transportation, systems, utilities and the infrastructure in which we live.
Key Takeaways include:
- We take a look at how smart cities will evolve through the eyes of a digital citizen. Someone whose biases and preferences are shaped by the smartphones and Spotify’s of the world. Learn their daily habits and how they are different to their parents.
- Understand the trends that are reshaping our nation’s and build a framework to demistify the technological buzzwords.
The Future Consumer
We have witnessed an accelerated rate of adoption of technology both as organizations and as individuals. With that our proficiency with technology has also grown. But we are quickly approaching a large behavioural and cultural gap that will change the way we think about technology forever.
In this keynote we will explore what makes a digital native, a person born during or after the general introduction of digital technologies and through interacting with digital technology from an early age, has a greater understanding of its concepts. This generation is commonly referred to as the Millennials or Generation Z, those born around or after the turn of the millennium.
Key Takeaways include:
- An in-depth understanding of the realities that shape the modern consumer including transparency, authenticity and utility anywhere
- Actions that you and your organisation can take today to engage and service this generation and measure your impact
The Future of Work
Over the past 10 years, where and how we work has radically changed. Whether you work for a multinational corporate, or a small business, the tools at your disposal have dramatically changed. The way you run your business, interact with your customer, monitor business performance, and optimize for either local focus or global scale has changed.
New technologies are evolving everyday - IoT, cloud, artificial intelligence and blockchain, are at our fingertips ready to empower a whole new way of operating. Learn about these technologies and how they will shape your outlook on the market.
Key Takeaways include:
- We will explore the human element of work, yes there will be robots and artificial intelligence around us but humans will still play a critical role in the creative and strategic direction of almost every business on the planet.
- A framework to use in your business to document and understand the trends and customer preferences that are changing your business so you are not the next borders or blockbuster.